18.7.10

PHILLIPS INJURED AT MOREE


Another tough outing for Cougar Bourbon Honda Thor Racing.

Cougar Bourbon Honda Thor Racing riders Todd Waters and Michael Phillips have both come away from the penultimate 2010 Australian MX Nationals event at Moree Motorcycle track bearing the scars of a tough days racing.

Waters, who finished 6th in the first 8-lap Pro Open race, tweaked his ankle in the second moto and was unable to race to his full potential.

The 19 year old then tweaked it again in the final race and was forced to retire.

“It was a tough day,” Waters admitted. “I qualified well and got some good starts in the first two races but once I tweaked my ankle I really struggled.

“Today’s outcome was the result of me making too many little mistakes, so I need to go away and work on those.

“I want to go to Coolum and have some fun and finish the motocross season on a good note. It is a track that I like and we are racing a double header,” he concluded.

Teammate Michael Phillips recorded three top ten race finishes but also had his fair share of drama.

The New Zealander was involved in a first corner crash in the third Pro Lites race and sustained a deep cut to the inside of his elbow which required medical attention.

“I was a bit disappointed with my first two races as the bike was awesome but I suffered arm pump,” Phillips explained.

“It was very pleasing to get back out for the final race and finish third. I felt like I rode a strong race and hopefully I can take that through to the final two rounds at Coolum this weekend.

“A big thanks to the Race Safe guys for patching me up and getting me back out for the final race,” he concluded.

Next weekend will see the series conclude with a double header at Coolum Pines Motocross Park. The final two rounds of the season will be held on Saturday 24th July and Sunday 25th July.

*MX Nationals Championship points were not available at the time of publication

Source: Cougar Racing

Related Articles :


Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

KIWI RIDER NEWS CONST Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha